Hughes 38, Sloop MKI, 1968
Sparkman and Stevens Design
• LOA: 37.90
• LWL: 36.34
• Beam: 10.17
• Ballast: weight of bolted on lead ballast keel section + engine in keel bilge = 6,400 lbs
• Draft: 5.83
• Fresh Water: 172 gals.(this not a typo)
• Fuel: 18 gals
• Engine: Universal Atomic 4, gasoline, 30 hp
• Hull Speed: 6.96
What Comes With Boat:
• New Fiberglass 8' dinghy w/ Yamaha 4hp, 4 stroke engine.
• (2) 125 watt solar panels.
• House Batteries: 3 marine.
• Engine Battery new.
• (2) New spare marine batteries.
• Garmin 440s GPS w/transducer (depth).
• Garmin Handheld GPS.
• 50 lb plow anchor with 100 ft. chain and 100 ft. rode.
• 50 lb plow anchor with 10 ft chain and 100 ft. rode.
• 15" Flatscreen TV w/DVD, digital .
• Shakespeare Mast mounted omnidirectional tv antenna.
• Standard Horizon Marine VHF radio.
• (2) marine battery chargers .
• Wedgewood propane 4 burner stove with oven.
• New Shurflo 2000 bilge pump w/ small back-up bilge pump.
• (3) three wind scoops.
• (3) safety harness's with straps.
• Main sail: fair condition (10 oz).
• Storm Jib: Good condition (9 oz).
• Genoa: 150 percent, Good condition (6 oz).
• Whisker Pole.
• (6) new 30', 3/4" double braid dock lines (plus many fenders).
• Dodger w/ new glass.
• Full lifeline netting. Custom built for boat.
• Mast Steps.
• New LED Mast Head Light .
• Rogue Wave WiFi Antenna
• New 8:1 Harken Mainsheet .
• JVC AM/FM stereo system with CD player and remote control.
• All winches recently rebuilt.
• Full canvass: sail covers, winch covers, bimini etc.
• All required safety equipment included .
• All standing rigging and running rigging is in very good condition.
• Paperwork, receipts and owners manuals for all equipment is on boat.
• Hull construction is the best. Hand laid fiberglass with marine plywood core and is almost two inches thick front to back.
• The deck is solid front to back with no soft spots at all.
• The boat doesn't leak a drop and is almost air tight.
• All paint is less than a year old. Deck paint was just redone – 4/01/12
• All equipment listed is in good working order.
• The boat is very sound, no hull damage or deck soft spots.
• This is a classic proven blue water cruiser/racer.
• This is a distress sale and I really wish I didn't have to sell the boat.
• This price is cash only, no exceptions.
• Will be sold to first person paying cash.
• This boat is sail ready, get on and sail.
• I have no survey, nor will I pay to have one done. Cant afford it.
• The boat is in the water and docked in Savannah, Ga.
• The only thing this boat needs is some cosmetic TLC.
• You can email me if you have questions, want to make an offer or want to see more pictures or videos.
Cash means CASH, get it? So bottom line= SERIOUS ENQIRERS ONLY !!!!
The selling price of $12,000 is below the Kelly Blue Book Value. Make me a serious offer as I intend on selling this boat
Every single thing about this boat is one my website at ButchPetty.com. Everything that has been done to it in the last
three years is online. Call me @ 912-665-9955